Start Bottom of Newhall Hill
Argent Centre – The former Albert Works, a pen and pencil-making factory of 1862-63, built in Lombardic Renaissance style.
Alabaster & Wilson, Legge Lane – A small jewellery factory dating from 1891.
Gwenda Works, Legge Lane (formerly Union Works) – Built in 1913 for a silver-smith and manufacturer of cut glass. Later used to manufacture enamelled powder compacts and bells for cats’ collars!
1840s houses, 54-61 Albion Street – Converted to offices and workshops.
A former metal warehouse of 1888, 25 Frederick Street.
Rose Villa Tavern, Vyse Street – Of 1919-20 and the adjacent Jewellery Quarter Clock Tower, built to mark Joseph Chamberlain’s visit to South Africa in 1903.
Aquinas House, 63 Warstone Lane – The former jewellery factory of Manton & Mole, built 1882.
Two ornate small factories, 27-29 Warstone Lane – Built between 1860 and 1875.
Workshops dating from between 1855 and 188, 67 Warstone Lane – Where through the window, a jeweller can often still be seen at work.
Reliance Works of Pickering & Mayell jewellery case makers, 42 Caroline Street – Built as two houses with workshops in the late 1820s.
(Building not found) The Big Peg, 120 Vyse Street – A flatted factory opened in 1971, originally open plan to allow interacting of jewellers. However, this never proved popular with the trade and a plan to replicate these factories was never followed through.
House and workshop of about 1860, 94 Vyse Street.
Plantagenet Buildings, Spencer Street – A development of houses and workshops of about 1871, in Italianate style.
Jewellery Business Centre, Spencer Street – Redeveloped former houses and workshops in 1989 by the Duchy of Cornwall, including the famous contemporary designed ‘Prince of Wales’ gates.
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, 75-79 Vyse Street – Built as a small jewellery factory from 1909.
Two houses of 1830, 69-70 Great Hampton Street – Later typically converted to workshops.
A former button works of 1872, 80-82 Great Hampton Street – Button-making was an important industry in Birmingham.
Two houses of 1830, 44-45 Great Hampton Street Pelican Works – A former electro-plating factory circa 1868 – note the stone Pelican!