This is a reminder that the A38 St. Chad’s and Queensway tunnels will:
- Close at 10pm this Friday 19 July.
- Reopen at 6am on Monday 2 September.
So it’s Time to think seriously about your route to work (and play)!
Birmingham Community Alert sent out the email below today….
This is a Birmingham Community Alert message.
Sent at 2.30 pm on 18th July 2013
As you are by now no doubt aware, essential refurbishment work is being carried out on the A38 St. Chad’s and Queensway tunnels through Birmingham. From 10pm on Friday 19 July the tunnels will be completely closed to all traffic for six weeks, reopening on the morning of Monday 2 September.
If you have not thought about your travel plans during this period you are being urged to do so. The ways in which you can help include:
• Thinking about how you will travel to and from work and around the city during these closures. Use public transport, cycling and walking where possible.
• Visiting www.brumtunnels.co.uk to see what the transport options are such as public transport, park and ride, special ticket officers, cycling and walking.
• Letting visitors and any deliveries know about the works and encourage them to consider the timing of their route into the city.
• Telling your family and friends. The more people who know and make changes to their journeys, the more we can help minimise potential disruption.
This is a significant project for Birmingham City Council and your support would be greatly appreciated.