Want to see views of KEW on your computer? Now you can!
We have created a desktop background theme with the glorious views above taken recently in Summer weather!
It couldn’t be easier to download and try out the new background which is actually a slideshow of eight views, each one showing for 30 seconds and the whole slideshow repeated continuously. When you want to revert to your original background you can with a couple of clicks.
Why not give it a try, it will only take 1 minute.
This will only work if you have Windows 7 installed…..we are working on an alternative for Windows Vista and XP.
So how to try it?
For the benefit of those who don’t know the ins and outs of using a different theme for the desktop background, I have created simple step by step instructions, as below:
- Click here to download the themepack file.
- If you’re using Chrome as your Browser, the download will show on the bottom left corner of your screen indicated by a downward vertical arrow while the theme is downloading then when finished a box will show TheWor….themepack.
Click on this box and the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization window is displayed and the new background activated.
- If you’re using Internet Explorer as your Browser, a box will be displayed at the bottom of your screen saying:
“Do you want to open or save TheWorldOfKEW.themepack (3.37MB) from canalscene.com?”
Click on Open and the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization window is displayed and the new background activated.
- The Themes panel of this window displays a square with an impression of the images in the background. It will be named TheWorldOfKEW.
- To see the desktop with the new slide show, display the desktop only by clicking the small Show Desktop rectangle at the bottom right of your Task Bar or screen.
Simple! as the meerkat advert says.
We hope you like it!
So how to revert to your original background?
When you want your original background or some other in the windows library:
- Display the desktop as in step 5 above.
- Right click on a clear area of the background and click Personalize in the displayed window.
- This will display the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization window as in step 3 above.
- Click on your original (or a new) theme.
- The chosen theme will replace TheWorldOfKEW.
- Close the themes window opened in step 3.
Any problems…..email me.